Thursday, January 13, 2011

Isn't it amazing...

Isn't it amazing how talented some people are?  It really astounds me.

Today, I am featuring the handiwork of a friend of mine.  She recently posted on Facebook that after 22 years of starting and stopping - to raise children, work in ministry, be a wife and mother, etc) she had finally finished the crochet bedspread she started in college.

Talk about dedication to a project!  The finished work is gorgeous!

Ready to sneak a peak?  Alright, but you're not going to believe how beautiful it is.




Look at all those tiny stitches...




The detail in the bedspread is amazing to me.




Thank you, Janet, for letting me feature your work.  It is fantastic!




So in exchange for letting me post her work on the blog, she asked for the banana nut muffin recipe I talked about on Tuesday.

Here you go, Janet.  Enjoy, friend!

1 and 1/2 small ripe bananas, smashed
1/2 cup chopped pecans (you can use walnuts, but I had pecans in the pantry)
1 3/4 cups flour (I like Self-rising)
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk

Combine the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients.  Mix until combined.  Fold in the mashed banana and pecans - but don't over mix.  The muffins will get tough.

Spray a muffin tin with baker's spray, fill each cup approximately 1/2 full.

Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes.  Test for doneness.

Cover the tops in melted butter, and sprinkle on cinnamon sugar (cinnamon and sugar mixed together)


Catch you girls later!
I've linked to the Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.
Check it out for some inspiration!

Billie

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine working on a project for 22 years. What dedication! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete