Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Big Reveal...

I can't tell you how excited I am to show you the big reveal.  I wanted Kayla to be the first to see it....so y'all had to wait.

I worked all day long!  I took the kiddos off to school, went to buy the paint, and then home again, home again, jiggity jig.  I started painting at 9:00 a.m. and was done by noon!  That gave me 2 hours to do the decorating!  Whew.

So here it is!  The big reveal -- in full color!

Feel free to leave a comment if you like.

The Bed





The Dresser


Before a new treatment...








The Reading Corner


A new zebra rug continues the animal print theme...
New study habits?  Please???


It's hard to see, but the fabric on the bulletin board
and chair cushion are red cheetah print.


So there you have it.  It's a little hard to get the full effect from the pictures.  I'm not a great photographer, I'm afraid.

Some of the details are just not seen.  The little lamp on the round table is cheetah print with a beige shade with red beaded fringe.  The tall lamp has a black and gold polka dot shade.  The base is black with gold cheetah print "sponged" on.  It's so cool.

While I was putting all of this together, I kept thinking how our Lord makes all things new.  Our lives can be in a state of chaos and disaster.  We may not know which end is up, but if we trust in Him and wait, he will make all things news.  He has a way of turning a great mess into great-ness.

Well.... wonder what I'll find to do tomorrow?  I'll probably clean up all the after effects of today's project.  Our upstairs is a wreck!  Trust me...you don't want to see the pics of that!

Be blessed today,

Billie



2 comments:

  1. It looks great! If you get bored decorating there you can always come to our house! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great room for a 10 year old girl! You did a fantastic job... LOVE all the animal print. The pops of red are a really nice touch, to.

    ReplyDelete