Friday, February 4, 2011

I had an idea...

I haven't yet shared with you our master bathroom.  The main reason is, it's always a mess!

Since the kiddos bathroom is in the mix for a redo -- hopefully not a gutting and then a redo -- but nonetheless... The kiddos have been sharing our bathroom.  So at any given time, you could find socks, undies (grin) boats, mermaids, bubble bath bottles, scrubbies, or other bathroom paraphernalia strewn about as if a tornado broke into our house while we were away at work and school, and vacationed in our bathroom.  So, no pictures of that room yet.

It's not an overwhelmingly large bathroom, but it is by far the largest bathroom we've ever had.  So, we love the space.  However, I have come to notice, that given the size and shape of the room, we have very little storage.  Lovey has a cabinet under his sink, as do I.  We share 3 drawers that divide the two cabinets -- and that's it.

Lovey stores towels and wash cloths under his side.  I store bath and body products under my side.  But sometimes, you just have to have more room to store those everyday items...and we hate to just leave them lying about, don't we?

We have a jacuzzi tub in our bathroom (what a blessing) and so we have a pretty good sized surround.  It would be the perfect place for storage -- if I could come up with something clever!

So yesterday I received an email about Kirkland's online sale.  A sale?  Online?  I'm so there! And I don't even have to get out of my jammies!

As I started my online shopping adventure, here's what I found at Kirklands:

Now, I know what you're thinking!  "Those are kitchen canisters..."  Why, yes, yes they are!  But why couldn't you use them in a bathroom?  They seal air tight.  You could keep bath salts in one, bath soaps in another, hair clips in one... I'm sure you could come up with something very clever...




I especially like the idea of bath salts and unwrapped soaps in the clear ones.





Here's what I found at Target:

I'm sure you've all seen these on your shopping excursions to Tar-zhay. 
 Wouldn't rolled washcloths be neat in the big one?


Are you thinking what I'm thinking?  These already come with a scoop for bath salts!  That means 3 different scents...right there at the ready!




These are air tight acrylic canisters.  Not overly large.  One size.  How about 3 or 5 of them in a row?



And I must admit - the following canisters stole my heart.  I love the French Country 
look and Fleur-de-lis!  I nearly swooned!  

In fact, I'm thinking I know exactly where I could put these beauties.

The Laundry Room!

Laundry Detergent in the big one.  Fabric softener sheets in the middle one.  The small one would be my Starbucks bin.  (That's where all the loose laundry change goes...into my Starbuck's bin.  How am I supposed to know which pocket it fell out of?  Finder's keepers!)

Only By His Grace,

Billie

3 comments:

  1. All the canisters are just so pretty and versitile. We don't have a Kirkland's store in our suburbs but I have seen their new online offerings. The last set of canisters is just gorgeous and reminds me of Lenox Butler's Pantry. I think you have a great idea and the contents will stay clean and dust free. Have a great weekend and stay well with the kiddie viruses….Moms aren't allowed to get sick!Emelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT idea to use those types of canisters in a bathroom (or laundry room as you mentioned). Truly genious... and I thank you for planting that seed in my head!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, Anita and Emelia,

    Thank you for your sweet words... I'm going out in the morning to run a couple errands while Mr. Lovey stays home to play Mr. Mom -- I'll let you girls know if I find anything of interest...

    Blessings,

    Billie

    ReplyDelete