Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The bedroom is spic and span!

I know, I know... it's not every one's cup of tea to clean house - but I do get my kicks from a clean house...  Ahhhh.

So I looked over my list,

Wash sheets:            check
Make bed:                check
Dust furniture:          check
Clean ceiling fan:     check
Dust baseboards:    check
Vacuum carpet:       check
Clean mirrors:          check
Fill in that bare spot  check
Take pics:                check
post to blog:             check


and I think I'm finished with my list.  Tomorrow I may show you my bathroom, but we'll see what happens with that.


Join me for a quick tour?  Maybe when we're done I can find time for a power nap!




The color of our walls is SW Harmonic Tan.  It reads as green, but it's supposed to be tan.  I love it!  All of the green choices were, well, too green!


This is the view from the door to the bedroom.




This little table was quite the find!  I went into Annie's Attic one day, and this little table was just sitting there holding something up.  I thought at how the color matched my bedroom furniture and snatched it up.  Guess how much?  $20!  And guess what else?  The front scroll work is hand-carved!  I don't know who made this beautiful table, but I sure love having it in our bedroom!


The Mirror was a gift from my sister when she owned a little Christian bookstore!  There is a cross in the panes of the glass.  I love it so much!






Here is the shot of the detail of that scroll work.




Next is my dresser.  Boy oh boy is it heavy!  Last time I tried to move it I, uh, broke off the back leg.  Mr. Lovey had to fix it.  He wasn't real happy I broke our good furniture, but he fixed it for me!  Thanks, Lovey!


You can see a glimpse of the alcove where Lovey's chest is.  I have another shot of that, but you'll have to wait for it.  :)


I love these little red buffet lamps.  They give enough light in the morning without making the room too bright.  They're really sweet, huh?




These curtains are actually brown, and they match the bed covering perfectly. They really look good against the green tan walls.


This bench has been with us for many, many years.  I actually bought it at Wal-mart about 15 or 16 years ago.  It is solid pine, and cost about $95.  But it is a storage bench!  I keep all my gift wrap in there.  Very handy, and stylish, too.  Uhm... I've been thinking of painting it black.  What do you think?




Here's the alcove...




Mr. Lovey's chest of drawers fits right in there perfectly.

The caption on the picture says, "the sower."  It was a gift from my sister.  The floral was just a few picks I "picked" up and arranged in the vase.  It was easy.  The top of the vase is actually a flower frog.

The teddy bear?  Well....


On our first date, a very young (18 year old) Mr. Lovey, said he needed to put some oil in his car.  He popped the trunk and asked me if I could get the oil for him.  I walked back to the trunk, and there was teddy holding that bottle of 10W30.  It was so sweet!  We had a great time!  He took me to a restaurant down on the river... It was so romantic!



Here's the bed!  So very, very comfy.  I'm feeling the need for a nap.  ZZZzzzzzz.    


Above our bed is a very large plant shelf.  I have some pretties up there, too.  Wanna see?  Okay, you talked me into it!

The quilts were family heirlooms.  The small rocker was a gift from my dad to my kiddos.  The small afghan was the first one I made...when I found out I was expecting my baby girl!


Alright, alright, I know what you're thinking.  Where's the art work?

Well.... I'm still working on that.  I'm having trouble finding what I want for this room.  Our ceilings are so high, and our furniture has those rounded tops... I just find things that are too big, or too small.  Unwilling to compromise on what I really like, I'll just wait.

But rest assured, when I find something fabulous, you'll be the second to know.  (I'll have to let Mr. Lovey know first. :) )

Also, many people ask me why I don't have the bed on the wall where the dresser is.  Well... I did for a while, but honestly, this way gives us a more open room because it practically removes the chest from the room.




Okay, so the recap.  From the door way.


From the right corner:


And from the left corner:


Hope you enjoyed your tour.  Now for my nap!

See you tomorrow!

Billie

No comments:

Post a Comment